Signs of Spring and RVing with a Purpose


By on Saturday, February 04, 2012

What a BEAUTIFUL day!
Here's a postcard for this awesome Northwest morning
I took this picture this morning after a cool morning run

Climbing out of my warm comfy bed on Saturday morning is always a challenge for me. Especially when I'm heading out into the cold for a morning run. This is especially difficult when I peer out of the window to a windy, rainy, or snowy Northwest morning.

"Ok. I'll get up"

This morning showed promise of an awesome day. First off, we woke up to a gorgeous sunrise. After seeing that out of my bedroom window, I crawled out of bed got dressed and headed out. By the time my wife and I met up with our weekend running buddies, the temperature had risen to the mid 30s. But the sun was on the horizon, the sky was blue and the wind was nowhere to be seen.

Enjoying the sun and a Gatorade after a run

During my run, I couldn't help but get excited about Spring and spending more time out in the RV. Where will we go, what will we do? Last year was a pretty light RV year for us due to work and other things that consumed our lives. The highlight of last year was boondocking at the beach with friends for the 4th of July. This year it's time for a change. I don't make New Years resolutions. I think you should just try and do the right thing all year round. But...if I did make one, my resolution would be to get out in the RV more. All I needed was a little incentive.

What's Your Thing?
I've found that when our busy lives take over, it helps to have a purpose that creates a need to get out of town. It could be a hobby, a sport, an activity, or even a traveling job. Maybe your purpose is to find the best fishing holes, to photograph the coolest truck stops, or to find Sasquatch. Whatever the reason, it's great to be able to do those things in your RV. Our "thing" has been to sign up for races and running them.

Let's Take the RV!
Signing up for local races around Western Washington and Oregon has helped us stay active and healthy. It also gives us a great reason to take the RV out and enjoy an occasional weekend out of town. As an added bonus, we don't have to stay in expensive hotels. RV parks are plentiful and cheap. Of course, I don't have to tell you this.

In a couple of weeks, we are running a Half Marathon in Birch Bay, WA. Are we taking the RV? Absolutely! And here's the kicker...all of the local hotels are booked for the weekend, but it's not a problem for us. I found a nice RV park within a few miles that is glad to accommodate us. We've got a pull through and full hookups for around $30.

I can't wait to pack up our house on wheels and hit the road, even if it's just for a weekend.

Do you have a hobby or activity that you can combine with RVing? Leave a comment and tell us. 


I gotcha covered! 
Don't forget about the RV Cover Giveaway
Keep those entries for my RV cover giveaway rolling in. I haven't decided when I'll randomly pick a winner. But it could be any day now, so don't wait. You could win a new RV Cover from EmpireCovers.com. Enter now!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking. I welcome your comments. Thanks -Tito

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...