Life’s a Little Better with an RV


By on Friday, January 20, 2012

A guest post by Angela Ballard

Some of my best childhood memories lie in the countless trips I took with my family towing our Weekend Warrior, full of dirt bikes and board games and food and sunscreen, into what seemed at the time, the most magical places on earth.

I remember when we made the switch from tent camping to the toy hauler, and I thought camping was going to lose its charm; I was quite wrong. We could now take these beloved family trips for three more months of the year, thanks to having a heater. We could stay for longer, thanks to having a shower. And I could still play in the dirt, swim in creeks and lakes, and have swinging competitions with my little brother on the rope swing overlooking a creek near one of our favorite campsites: all of the things I loved about leaving suburban civilization.

Gerle Creek Reservoir, CA
We could go anywhere our Warrior would fit, which to me was the ultimate form of freedom. Many of my summers were spent exploring the Rubicon and swimming in the reservoir in Gerle Creek, CA. We would ride our motorcycles on the endless trails in the Mendocino National Forest. Having a home on wheels made camping so much easier and more accessible, and as I came to realize later, a lot more convenient for my parents.

Looking back on these amazing years of my life, the Warrior made camping so much more fun for me and my brother. I liked going on trips when I knew I wasn’t going to be freezing at night, and as I hit my teenage years, knowing I could shower was a definite plus. I would recommend looking into the best RVs for anyone with a family looking to spend more time out in the outdoors. Take the time to find the best campgrounds for your family, and let the fun begin. The days I spent with my family and our Weekend Warrior will always be some of my favorite memories.

Angela Ballard is a Business Development Associate at FindTheBest where you can compare credit cards and tire ratings and anything in between.

Tell me why you switched from tent camping to RVing. I remember when we made the switch. After spending the night in our own comfy bed while the rain came down outside, there was no turning back. Share your story with us.  ~Tito

1 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I welcome your comments. Thanks -Tito

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...