Photo Friday


By on Friday, November 04, 2011

Every photo has a story. So I thought that I would share a trip photo (past or present) with you each Friday and, of course, include the back story.

Holding up the Landscape Arch
Landscape Arch - Arches National Park

Story
A couple of years ago, we visited Arches National Park in Moab, Utah. We had spent the entire day looking at arches of all shapes and sizes and were having a pretty good time. Normally in mid July, it was super hot. However we got lucky with a little cloud cover so it was only in the mid 90s that day.

Arches Tip: Bring lots of water and food because there's nowhere to buy stuff once in the park.

If we could visit one arch, for me it would be Landscape Arch. For one thing, it was really cool and really big. But, of all the arches, it was also the one most likely to fall down at any time. Big chunks of this arch have been falling off over the years leaving one section at only 6ft thick. So who's to say how long it would be around for us to admire.

After hiking in about a mile, there it was. So here I am posing in front of the Landscape Arch doing my part to keep it from falling down. I know I look like I'm either about to pass a kidney stone or explode. But don't be fooled, the arch is actually gigantic and super far away. I hope to visit it again soon and, hopefully, it's still standing.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking. I welcome your comments. Thanks -Tito

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...